2/15/10

Old Vector piece, new vector piece


Let's start with the art  I did this to continue with my ladies design theme, but I opted to off shoot a bit.
It works out for the better for me because it actually helped put me in the direction I need for my next side piece. It will be a similar theme as far as layout or feel. I did this one based off of Meiko Kaji. She famous for her singing & acting talents over in Japan. Most Americans know her for the song that played when Oren Ishii got Axed in Kill Bill (Flower of carnage). She was always known for her "black widow femme fatale " status in films. No nonsense.
I tried to flip the beauty and the subtle gritty with the blood splatter. I may go back in and add more, but for some reason it fits for me.


This one I did on a whim, back in 2008. I was going make it a poster, but then ended up 86-ing' the notion. I enjoy the work I put into it, I think it fits for Black History Month. This one is more personal to me I guess.


No comments:

Post a Comment